Yes, based on this quote from The Observer:
So for Rian Johnson to boast one of the Toronto International Film Festival’s most anticipated premieres with the murder mystery Knives Out, while also working on a discreet new series of Star Wars movies for Lucasfilm, you know he must possess that “it” factor Hollywood craves.
They cannot be serious. That “it” factor? I think the editor left off the “sh” for the kids.
- Store shelves around the world full of unsold Star Wars toys
- Two almost empty, lackluster-performing Star Wars theme parks full of the new trilogy characters that no one cares about
- countless memes making fun of the two SW movies from the new trilogy
- endless days of videos featuring raving, upset, divided fans on YouTube losing their fool minds over how bad The Last Jedi sucked, pleading with Disney to “get it right”
…RIAN JOHNSON IS STILL BEING ALLOWED TO MOVE FORWARD WITH HIS NEW TRILOGY?
Yep. No one at Disney has learned anything.
This truly means that “The Woke” is even stronger than “The Force.”
And that’s because everyone involved at Disney has a high Shitty-Chlorian count.
While speaking to The Observer, Rian had this to say:
“I think that the fun and challenging part of it is to dive in, figure out what’s exciting and then figure out what it’s going to be. We’re doing something that steps beyond the legacy characters. What does that look like? To me, the blue sky element of it is what was most striking about it. I know the way that I’m coming at it and what’s fun about it for everyone in George Lucas’ films is figuring out, ‘what’s the next step?’ It really makes you think and figure out what the essence of Star Wars is for me and what that will look like moving forward.”
These are my takeaways from all of the squawking:
- “Blue sky element” (Huh?)
- “Figure out what it’s going to be” (Yes. This is how a story is conceived, Rian.)
- “Beyond the legacy characters” (Fine. But you’ve proven you cannot handle this task, so you’re fired.)
- “It really makes you think and figure out what the essence of Star Wars is for me” (FOR ME. NOT you. NOT the fans. HIM. Rian Johnson. And really? It makes you think Rian? Well WE don’t think so.)
I am going to let my voice continue to be heard by just NOT spending any money for this franchise. I’m sure many of you are doing the same.